Saturday, January 10, 2009

Reminders of the Past as We Head into the Future















Well, the year 2008 has come and gone, but I don't plan on rehashing it like so many do on every news program in the country. Instead I've chosen to look back at reminders of the past that are still around but probably won't be for long. They are all around us but we rarely notice. Today,as I traveled to a friend's house north of Pavo to get a load of pine straw, I stopped at several locations to take pictures of some old farm buildings that are still standing. I had passed by these old relics every week and had taken for granted that they would always be there until one day one of them was gone. And most of the people who know their history have long since passed on too. If I could get all the stories associated with these old barns it would likely be a best seller.Just as we pass these old barns and assume that they will always be there , so it often is with our family and friends. If I were to make a new year's resolution, it would be to pay closer attention to those I pass each day and take for granted that they will always be there. To take the time to invest and improve the lives of those around us. One day when we pass by they may be gone -just like these old barns.

No comments: